The city of Watertown, Mass., has been effectively shut down as a manhunt is underway for the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing. …
"Residents of Watertown asked to stay indoors," the Boston Police Department tweeted. "Do not answer door unless instructed by a police officer."
Public transportation has been suspended and authorities told people at closed stops and stations to go home. No vehicle traffic is allowed in Watertown. A no-fly zone is in place over the city.
"We are asking you to stay home, stay indoors," police said at a news conference this morning. "We are asking businesses not to open. We are asking people not to congregate outside. We’re asking people not to go to mass transit."
We saw the same police state tactics during the Christopher Dorner manhunt a few months ago. Any excuse to expand government power is always taken… if the public allows it.
Here, many in the Boston area - the birthplace of a revolution against a leviathan state that levied taxes and whose military entered homes at will - seem to welcome the police state tactics that leave them cowering in their homes. Others around the country who foolishly view government as our servant protectors also come to the same erroneous conclusion.
But as Ricardo notes, who should engender more fear: a lone, disorganized “kid suspected of being armed with a homemade pipe bomb, or thousands upon thousands of thugs armed with military weapons and tanks, patrolling the streets, rounding people up, breaking into homes, and ready to shoot anything that moves”? After all, that latter entity is responsible for far more deaths, bombings, and injustice than the deranged individuals who killed innocents at the Boston Marathon.
The area is shut down to hunt for one man. Homes are searched and people are harassed for one man. Rights are “suspended” for one man.
But worse of all, other government thugs around the country will learn that people will accept martial law and militarized totalitarian tactics under the right pretense. As such, depending on how the public ultimately reacts to the state’s predictable over-reaction, Watertown will not be the last place we see American streets populated with armored vehicles and men in black wielding those scary rifles (fully automatic and with high-capacity magazines, no less) that statists usually find so abhorrent.
- princehot-bod likes this
- acliche likes this
- a-strange-female-cactus reblogged this from laliberty
- sashutka1 likes this
- perfectclassic reblogged this from laliberty
- perfectclassic likes this
- mortuusbestia reblogged this from laliberty
- nothingbutanswers likes this
- hiphop-blvd reblogged this from raw-r-evolution
- jmsouthe likes this
- bforbrendetta reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- bottledlightening likes this
- bforbrendetta likes this
- krus-tina reblogged this from mmmmarco
- irongut1 likes this
- actualjo likes this
- iwillriptheskytopieces likes this
- brainofj likes this
- livelife-rivlife likes this
- paz-y-guerra reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- gentleman-x likes this
- kingmichaels reblogged this from raw-r-evolution
- revolutionizeyourworld reblogged this from kaymonstar
- kaymonstar reblogged this from the-capitalist
- allicsirpartjoker reblogged this from objectivist1
- allicsirpartjoker likes this
- leopard-print-turtle likes this
- lafauxpas reblogged this from spaceghostperf
- spaceghostperf reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- maomix reblogged this from statehate
- femmeviva likes this
- chrysamthemum reblogged this from statehate
- the-capitalist reblogged this from objectivist1
- the-capitalist likes this
- libertywhore reblogged this from antigovernmentextremist
- collegethenlife likes this
- s0lifugae likes this
- mmmmarco reblogged this from atomdeuogdonion
- astralsailor reblogged this from hackr
- biognosis likes this
- ociko-h reblogged this from hackr
- galactic-dust reblogged this from raw-r-evolution
- galactic-dust likes this
- raw-r-evolution reblogged this from warlikeparakeet88
- hackr reblogged this from m3mphis-progex
- introvertedart reblogged this from warlikeparakeet88
- introvertedart likes this
- hackr likes this
- writerwhocouldntwrite reblogged this from warlikeparakeet88
- sonderklass reblogged this from laliberty